Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the 2017 Little Red Riding Hood?
This year we will again choose the 3500 riders for Little Red Ride through a lottery process. The Little Red rider lottery will open January 2nd and close on January 15th. During this time you can enter the lottery as an individual or as a team, with a group of your friends with whom you want to ride. We will then select the team and individual participants through a random drawing process. You will be notified no later than January 31 of your selection/non-selection status.
How do I find out if I was selected in the lottery?
You will be notified via email of your selection/non-selection status by January 31st. If, for some reason, you don’t receive an email you can check the results of the lottery by going here and following the instructions. NOTE: You can also check the selection status of a friend or an entire team. If you don’t receive an email please check your spam folder.
Is there a way that if I get in, my friends get in too?
To register as a team first select someone as captain. The captain must be the first member of your team to register for the lottery as they must enter the team name so it will then be available to other team members to select from the list of teams as they register. Each team member must register themselves under the team name that the captain chose.
Tandem riders and mothers riding with their daughter should enter as a team.
Can a male rider ride Little Red with me?
Can my family follow me on the course in their car?
How will the Lottery Work?
Can I change my ride distance after I have registered?
Yes. You can update the information you provided when you registered by going back to the imATHLETE web site and changing critical information such as the distance you intend to ride, your address, the size or selection of the complementary t-shirt etc. These changes can be made through April 1. After this date changes will not be accepted. (Note: A change in t-shirt style or size is subject to availability.
Can I transfer my registration to another rider if I cannot make the ride?
Yes, but only through April 1, 2017. After that date transfers will not be allowed. Note that riders registering after April 1st will not have a personalized bib and t-shirt sizes will be subject to availability.
Here are some quick steps to transfer your registration to a new participant:
- Go here to transfer your registration.
- Enter in your confirmation code (found next to the participant name on your confirmation receipt)
- Select “Transfer your registration to someone else”
- Fill out the form and click “Send”
- The new participant will be contacted directly by imATHLETE with instructions to register for the ride in your place.
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. IF YOU EXPECT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR REGISTRATION FEE YOU MUST COLLECT IT FROM THE PERSON ASSUMING YOUR REGISTRATION.
How much is the registration fee per rider for the Little Red Riding Hood?
$70.00 per rider if registered before May 1st. This year’s fee will cover the cost of mailing your registration materials, including T-shirt, to you. On or after May 1st the registration fee is $80.00 per rider. (Remember if you are riding a tandem, both riders must register)
How much is the registration fee for children?
Are there quantity, or multiple family member discounts?
Will there be a waiting list after the ride is full?
If I cannot attend the ride after registering, can I get a refund?
What is included with registration fees?
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Friday night expo and live entertainment (Friday night dinner is not included, but can be purchased by visiting the Little Red Boutique)
- Ride-morning continental breakfast (orange juice, coffee, fresh fruit, bagels, and muffins)
- Organized start times, for everyone’s safety
- Ride-day lunch which includes; sandwich, chips, drinks, fruit, and cookie
- Rest Stop support, ~ about every 10-15 miles, to include snacks, and water and glucose replacement drinks
- Ride support along the route
- After ride refreshments
- Free Camping sites Friday Night at the Start in Lewiston, UT
- 3500 wonderful friends to meet along the route.
Can I purchase a meal Friday night in Lewiston?
Should I bring my own food if I have food allergies, or special nutritional needs?
If I forgot to order a t-shirt, jersey, socks, or meal what do I do?
When do I get my clothing and other items that I ordered?
Can I exchange my clothing if I ordered the wrong size?
NOTE: Here are some sizing tips: The tech shirt runs true to size (order what you regularly wear in a women’s T-shirt)
Who is the supplier for the clothing?
- Tech shirts – Leslie Jordan (runs true to size)
- Jerseys – Voler
- Socks –The Sock Guy
When is registration packet pickup?
What time should we be at the ride start Saturday morning?
|Subject to change.|
|100*||7:30 AM – 8:30 AM|
|70||8:35 AM – 9:15 AM|
|50||9:20 AM – 9:50 AM|
|36||9:55 AM – 10:10 AM|
|27||10:15 AM – 10:20 AM|
*SPECIAL NOTE: ACCESS TO THE LAST THIRTY MILES OF THE 100 MILE COURSE WILL CLOSE AT 2 (two) PM. RIDERS STILL ON THE COURSE AT THIS TIME WILL BE DIVERTED TO THE 70 MILE COURSE!*
What time does the course close?
Please take your time and enjoy your ride; however, the course does close at 6pm. If you are still on the course at this time, you will be picked up and sagged to the finish.
SPECIAL NOTE: ACCESS TO THE LAST THIRTY MILES OF THE 100 MILE COURSE WILL CLOSE AT 2 (two) PM. RIDERS STILL ON THE COURSE AT THIS TIME WILL BE DIVETED TO THE 70 MILE COURSE!
What options for overnight accommodations do I have?
Will there be free camping on Friday night?
What equipment will I need?
To have a safe and enjoyable ride you should bring, at minimum:
- Hard shell or ANSI/SNEL approved helmet.
- A road (or mountain) bike in GOOD working order. Please prepare your bike or ask your local bike shop to give it a once-over before you arrive.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and riding conditions. Although we’ve been lucky most years with good weather.
- Two water bottles or a Camel-Bak.
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
What equipment should I leave at home?
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WILL BE ENFORCED BY ON-COURSE RIDE MARSHALS and AMBASSADORS. If these are used, Ride Marshal’s and Ambassadors will be instructed to ask you to leave the course.
What kind of weather should I expect?
Will there be road support on the course?
What can I expect at rest stops?
If you know you will need extra supplements or special diet items including gluten free, please come prepared.