Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register for the 2017 Little Red Riding Hood?
How do I find out if I was selected in the lottery?
Is there a way that if I get in, my friends get in too?
To register as a team first select someone as captain. The captain must be the first member of your team to register for the lottery as they must enter the team name so it will then be available to other team members to select from the list of teams as they register. Each team member must register themselves under the team name that the captain chose.
Tandem riders and mothers riding with their daughter should enter as a team.
Can a male rider ride Little Red with me?
Can my family follow me on the course in their car?
How will the Lottery Work?
Can I change my ride distance after I have registered?
Can I transfer my registration to another rider if I cannot make the ride?
Here are some quick steps to transfer your registration to a new participant:
- Go here to transfer your registration.
- Enter in your confirmation code (found next to the participant name on your confirmation receipt)
- Select “Transfer your registration to someone else”
- Fill out the form and click “Send”
- The new participant will be contacted directly by imATHLETE with instructions to register for the ride in your place.
NOTE: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. IF YOU EXPECT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR REGISTRATION FEE YOU MUST COLLECT IT FROM THE PERSON ASSUMING YOUR REGISTRATION.
How much is the registration fee per rider for the Little Red Riding Hood?
How much is the registration fee for children?
Are there quantity, or multiple family member discounts?
Will there be a waiting list after the ride is full?
If I cannot attend the ride after registering, can I get a refund?
What is included with registration fees?
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Friday night expo and live entertainment (Friday night dinner is not included, but can be purchased by visiting the Little Red Boutique)
- Ride-morning continental breakfast (orange juice, coffee, fresh fruit, bagels, and muffins)
- Organized start times, for everyone’s safety
- Ride-day lunch which includes; sandwich, chips, drinks, fruit, and cookie
- Rest Stop support, ~ about every 10-15 miles, to include snacks, and water and glucose replacement drinks
- Ride support along the route
- After ride refreshments
- Free Camping sites Friday Night at the Start in Lewiston, UT
- 3500 wonderful friends to meet along the route.
Can I purchase a meal Friday night in Lewiston?
Should I bring my own food if I have food allergies, or special nutritional needs?
If I forgot to order a t-shirt, jersey, socks, or meal what do I do?
When do I get my clothing and other items that I ordered?
Can I exchange my clothing if I ordered the wrong size?
NOTE: Here are some sizing tips: The tech shirt runs true to size (order what you regularly wear in a women’s T-shirt)
Who is the supplier for the clothing?
- Tech shirts – Leslie Jordan (runs true to size)
- Jerseys – Voler
- Socks –The Sock Guy
When is registration packet pickup?
What time should we be at the ride start Saturday morning?
|Subject to change.|
|100*||7:30 AM – 8:30 AM|
|70||8:35 AM – 9:15 AM|
|50||9:20 AM – 9:50 AM|
|36||9:55 AM – 10:10 AM|
|27||10:15 AM – 10:20 AM|
Ride start times will be posted at the start in Lewiston. You must start at the designated start time for your distance. No early starts. Little Red Riding Hood is a ride, not a race. Please take your time and enjoy your ride; however, the course does close at 6pm. If you are still on the course at this time, you will be picked up and sagged to the finish.
*SPECIAL NOTE: ACCESS TO THE LAST THIRTY MILES OF THE 100 MILE COURSE WILL CLOSE AT 2 (two) PM. RIDERS STILL ON THE COURSE AT THIS TIME WILL BE DIVERTED TO THE 70 MILE COURSE!*
What time does the course close?
SPECIAL NOTE: ACCESS TO THE LAST THIRTY MILES OF THE 100 MILE COURSE WILL CLOSE AT 2 (two) PM. RIDERS STILL ON THE COURSE AT THIS TIME WILL BE DIVETED TO THE 70 MILE COURSE!
What options for overnight accommodations do I have?
Will there be free camping on Friday night?
What equipment will I need?
- Hard shell or ANSI/SNEL approved helmet.
- A road (or mountain) bike in GOOD working order. Please prepare your bike or ask your local bike shop to give it a once-over before you arrive.
- Clothing appropriate for the weather and riding conditions. Although we’ve been lucky most years with good weather.
- Two water bottles or a Camel-Bak.
- Sunscreen and lip balm.
What equipment should I leave at home?
THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT AND WILL BE ENFORCED BY ON-COURSE RIDE MARSHALS and AMBASSADORS. If these are used, Ride Marshal’s and Ambassadors will be instructed to ask you to leave the course.
What kind of weather should I expect?
Will there be road support on the course?
What can I expect at rest stops?
If you know you will need extra supplements or special diet items including gluten free, please come prepared.