We will again hold a lottery to fill the 3,500 slots we have available for Little Red Riding Hood 2018. And like last year, there is no need to rush. You will be able to enter the lottery at your leisure between January 8, 2018 at 8 AM MST and January 21, 2018 at 11:59 PM MST. Everyone will be notified of their selection/non-selection status by January 29.
If, for some reason, you don’t receive an email you can check the results of the lottery by going here and following the instructions. NOTE: You can also check the selection status of a friend or an entire team.
WARNING! Only one lottery entry per person. More than one lottery entry by an individual will result in removal of all entries by that person.
And just like last year, you and your friends can enter the lottery as a team (2-10 riders per team). Of course, because the teams will be part of the lottery too, that means that you and your friends will either be all in or all out. The lottery will be constructed such that you will have the same chance of being selected to ride whether you enter as a team or an individual. No, you can not enter as both a team member and an individual. See the warning, above, about multiple lottery entries. Note that the first person on your team who registers must enter the team name so that it can be selected from a dropdown list by other team members when they register. Team Captains – please make sure you clearly communicate the team name to your team mates. Last year there were numerous misunderstandings: i.e. “GoGo Girls” is not the same as “Go Go Girls”.
If you want to ride with a team each team member must register under the team name.
One additional reminder; If you are riding a tandem or you’re a mother riding with your daughter you should enter as a team so you’re either both in or both out.
The registration fee, for 2018, is just $75 per rider for all distances.
We’ve contracted with imATHLETE again to process your registration and entry fee:
- When you enter the lottery you will be asked for your credit or debit card information. If you pay by credit card your card will not be charged at this time.
- If you pay with a DEBIT Card the funds will be held in a pending status until Lottery Selection. If you are not selected, the funds will be released back to you.
- IF you are selected your card will be charged the registration fee (plus processing fee and the optional Huntsman Cancer Center Donation) and you will receive two emails: one will be a notification that you’ve been selected and the other will be a receipt for the credit card charge. If you are not selected you will receive an email indicating that you’ve not been selected and your credit card information will be deleted.
- When you register you will not have to create an account on the imATHLETE web site, you will be able to register for the lottery as a “guest”. However, if you wish, you can create an account which will make registration for subsequent events, processed through imATHLETE, a little easier.
- If you run into problems during the registration process you can contact the imATHLETE Participant Support Team by calling 877.462.7979 x1 or through their web site by going to the “My Registrations” tab and send them an email.
If you’ve been selected to ride and something happens that prevents you from participating you can transfer your registration to someone else. This option is only available through March 31, 2018. After March 31, 2018 transfers will not be allowed. NOTE: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. IF YOU EXPECT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR REGISTRATION FEE YOU MUST COLLECT IT FROM THE PERSON ASSUMING YOUR REGISTRATION. ALSO, THE PERSON ASSUMING YOUR REGISTRATION MUST COMPLETE THEIR REGISTRATION BY MIDNIGHT, APRIL 3RD.
Here are some quick steps to transfer your registration to a new participant:
- Click here.
- Enter in your confirmation code (found next to the participant name on your confirmation receipt)
- Select “Transfer your registration to someone else”
- Fill out the form and click “Send”
- The new participant will be contacted directly by imATHLETE with instructions to register for the ride in your place.
If you need to update any of the information you provided during the registration process you can do so by going the imATHLETE web site and clicking on the “My Registrations” tab. This feature will only be available through April 3rd.
Registration packets are going to be mailed again this year to all registered riders. Any problems will be handled at the Registration Tent on Friday from 5-8 PM and Saturday starting at 7 AM in Lewiston.