We will again hold a lottery to fill the 3500 slots we have available for Little Red Riding Hood 2014. And like last year, there is no need to rush. You will be able to enter the lottery at your leisure between January 6, 2014 at 8 AM MST and January 20, 2014 at 11:59 PM MST. During the week of January 27, everyone will be notified of their selection/non-selection status. WARNING! Only one lottery entry per person. More than one lottery entry by an individual will result in removal of all entries by that person.
And just like last year, you and your friends can enter the lottery as a team (2-10 riders per team). Of course, because the teams will be part of the lottery too, that means that you and your friends will either be all in or all out. The lottery will be constructed such that you will have the same chance of being selected to ride whether you enter as a team or an individual. No, you can not enter as both a team member and an individual. See the warning, above, about multiple lottery entries. Note that the first person on your team who registers must enter the team name so that it can be selected from a dropdown list by other team members when they register.
One additional reminder. If you are riding a tandem or you’re a mother riding with your daughter you should enter as a team so you’re either both in or both out.
The registration fee, for 2014, is still just $64 per rider for all distances.
Register Here for our Lottery!
NEW THIS YEAR! You’ll be going to a new web site to enter the lottery. We’ve contracted with imATHLETE to process your registration and entry fee so there are a few changes:
- When you enter the lottery you will be asked for your credit card information – your card will not be charged at this time. If you are selected your card will be charged the registration fee (plus processing fee) and you will receive two emails: one will be a notification that you’ve been selected and the other will be a receipt for the credit card charge. If you are not selected you will receive an email indicating that you’ve not been selected and your credit card information will be deleted unless you’ve made a donation to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation, in which case, your card will be charged and you will receive an email receipt.
- When you register you will not have to create an account on the imATHLETE web site, you will be able to register for the lottery as a “guest”. However, if you wish, you can create an account which will make registration for subsequent events, processed through imATHLETE, a little easier.
- Note that on the first page of the imATHLETE site there is a picture of this year’s t-shirt. To enlarge the picture simply click on it – pretty cute design! Also, on the right side of that first page is a link to allow you to contribute directly to the Huntsman Cancer Foundation. You will also have a chance to contribute when you checkout. Any amount donated will be added to your registration fee (if you’re selected). If not selected your card will be charged only for the donation amount plus the credit card processing fee.
- If you run into problems during the registration process you can contact the imATHLETE Participant Support Team by calling 877.462.7979 x1 or through their web site by going to the “My Registrations” tab and send them an email.
- If you’ve been selected to ride and something happens that prevents you from participating you can transfer your registration to someone else. This option is only available through March 15, 2014. After March 15, 2014 transfers will not be allowed.NOTE: YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE A REFUND. IF YOU EXPECT TO BE REIMBURSED FOR YOUR REGISTRATION FEE YOU MUST COLLECT IT FROM THE PERSON ASSUMING YOUR REGISTRATION. Here are some quick steps to transfer your registration to a new participant:
- Go to: https://www.imathlete.com/events/EditReg/EditReg_EditRegistration.aspx
- Enter in your confirmation code (found next to the participant name on your confirmation receipt)
- Select “Transfer your registration to someone else”
- Fill out the form and click “Send”
The new participant will be contacted directly by imATHLETE with instructions to register for the ride in your place.
- If you need to update any of the information you provided during the registration process you can do so by going the imATHLETE web site and clicking on the “My Registrations” tab. This feature will only be available through March 15th.
Registration packets are going to be mailed again this year to all registered riders. Any problems will be handled at the Registration Tent on Friday June 6th from 5-8 PM and Saturday June 7th starting at 7 AM in Lewiston.